Pages

01 February 2008

Mad-Town- day 1: travleing

Took a few 'personal' days from school and traveling to Madison 'on business' to interview. Conveniently, I had the entire morning to myself before I left Omaha because I wasn't meeting friends until they were done with a racquetball match at 8.

So, I am sure that one of the greatest things in life is sitting around in the morning, drinking coffee, relaxing, and eating the best and most important meal of the day- breakfast. It is great. Even better is when others can join you. Funny thing is that I used to hate breakfast food, and now I can't get enough of it. I have been making toast and french toast for all meals of the day. I have been going through about a loaf of cinnamon bread a week- I keep waiting to get sick of the stuff but I don't. This morning's fare was an egg scrambled with peppers, onions, and smoked salmon; french toast; and strawberries and kiwi. I was actually really excited that I had all of that stuff in my fridge. Finished the press of coffee while riding my bike, finished packing and did some laundry for my trip, and baked up some thank you gifts for the friends that have been so nice to house me on all of my trips to Madison. I love mornings off!

I should have known that I was getting close to WI when the gas station that I stopped at had a crock full of brats and kraut next to the roller grill. Next think I knew I was driving through thick snow that I went through for the last 90 miles to Madison. Oh well, that's winter in the Midwest. It was a beautiful snow, but probably not for the several cars that were overturned in the ditch. Not fun to see. I guess you just take it slow, and be thankful that you are still have your wheels on the road.

Met up with friends for some awesome Thai food. I'd mention the name of the restaurant if I could remember or pronounce it, but I can't. There were some awesome curry dishes, but I was really craving a good pad thai, and that is what I got. I forgot how much I love a real pad thai (as much as I love the pad thai from noodles & co... ). Yum.

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Enjoy your trip to Madison. Days off the best. I need one!!!