Pages

10 February 2008

So, I just checked my comment card box, and it was full.

I hereby give my loyal fan(s) what they want- a new post. I apologize for dropping off of the face of the planet for a week. I am back at it with no excuses other than laziness.

In no other than the best format ever-a bulleted list- I will give you my happenings and thoughts from this past week.

- first and foremost, I mentioned my bike fitness test last weekend. Without going into details, bottom line is that the results were nothing more than a necessary reminder that there is always someone training less than I, yet performing better than I, and there is always someone training more than I and performing worse than I. I train for myself, and myself only. Like i mentioned before, I know that hard work will pay off with time. If it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

- I learned out this week that the gym has their thermostat at 72 deg F. WTF!!! I have my house thermostat set at 63. I was appalled when I found this out. I don't even know what to say about that. I am telling myself that I will hopefully become so well adapted to heat, that I will need to do all of my long runs mid day this summer or I will get too cold. I hereby am inviting anyone who is a member or visitor of the Cass 24 hour fitness to join the coalition that I am forming to point out how ridiculous this is to any and all management personnel.

- I finally feel like my running is coming along. This is the very first time in my life that this has happened. This is on par to when I was first able to run 3 miles without stopping. Pretty huge in my book. I never ever thought that I would experience 'ease of running' at the paces I am now. It is very exciting. Now, the final test will be if all of this treadmill running will pay off when I hit the pavement.

- Climbing into bed with freshly shaven legs is one of the best feelings ever.

- I really wish my laundry would put itself away right now, and also wash a load of chamois and technical wear would wash itself for the week. I'm not getting too hopeful.

No comments: