Pages

14 February 2008


Goodbye, my love...

So, as I was scraping the sides of my latest jar of Skippy Natural Superchunk yesterday to put on my waffle, I was making the mental note to myself to buy some more next time I am at the grocer. You see, I love peanut butter. I don't eat it at every meal, or eat it by the spoonful on a regular basis by any means, but It is a fantastic food, and I find a way to eat it here and there. Some of my favorite ways to eat it include:

- PB on Kashi waffles- absolutely amazing!
- PB tossed into any sort of Asian dish with hoisin and chili sauce- instant wonderfulness and turns a pile of sauteed junk into 'a meal'
- PB and banana whole wheat pancakes. Incredible.
- the ever so classic 'ants on a log'
- and I can't leave out, my favorite pre-race breakfast: whole wheat bagel with PB and banana with soy milk to drink- guaranteed no belly problems for the whole race (knock on wood).

So, as I was making my mental note to buy more, I thought, I wonder if... if... if...I could hold off on my PB consumption. You know, just to see how long I can go. I don't think it is 'bad' by any means, but at 90 kcal in 1 T, it does pack a mean punch that could be consumed in a multitude of better ways. So, that fateful jar that is pictured above is now deemed my last. I will keep those last few bits in the cupboard 'in case of emergency', but no more will be purchased until a few days before my first half iron this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE peanut butter -- and reading this entry made me relieved that there is someone else out there that eats it the way i do. sometimes for lunch i toast wholewheat bread w/ peanut butter and bananas. i can't get enough of it. luckily the boyfriend HATES peanut butter, so i can eat the peanut butter from the jar and put it away knowing that no one else will be eating it but ME. i'll have to try some of the one's you listed.

good luck w/ trying to stay away from it for awhile.