Pages

17 February 2008



Weekend occurrences...

Just trying to take care of myself and prevent any sickness after last week. Unfortunately, much of my time for the next week and a half is going to be spent studying for upcoming national dental boards, or procrastinating doing just that. I am not good at sitting still and thinking anymore.

Besides that, just the usual weekend workouts. I deemed myself 'back to normal' on Saturday, hoping that my almostsickness was over and looking forward to once again getting in my usual training (I hate deviating from 'the plan'). A few friends came over for breakfast and a ride today- pretty much one of my favorite things in the world to do is the morning breakfast, coffee, and ride. The fare this morning was blueberry banana oatmeal whole wheat pancakes, strawberries and bananas, and egg scramble with peppers and chicken sausage. Bob also brought some muffins- yum! I really do love cooking for people, and love cooking breakfast food- I think it may have something with the Norwegian in me coming out.

I have been pretty spoiled this winter in the sense that I have only needed to do a few of my 4 hr trainer rides solo. The good thing is that they are getting easier overall, but it still surely makes it more bearable with company. After being bailed on last minute by a few people who decided not to ride today, it was great that Bob stayed and did 2 hrs on the trainer.

The ride went well, and my new bike position felt great, even after four hours (yay!). My body wasn't too happy with being back in the swing of things. The numbers were downright pathetic (ie: very high (Z3) HR for very low (low Z2) wattage). This has never happened before, but I guess this is a part of the journey, and whether it be my almostsickness, or just a bad day, or anything- they come and go. I still feel very accomplished after getting in a ride, and finishing things up when for the majority of that workout, I wanted to quit because the numbers were so very, very, crappy for my long ride. I had a great gym session after my ride (still a continued obscurely very high HR while running), and am feeling very good with how I am running off of the bike- especially after my long rides. Finished up the evening with watching the tour of Cali prologue over at Matt's, then heading to the gym to warm up in the hot tub. Life is good.

Non bike related highlights of the tour of Cali prologue:
- Dave Zabriskie's moustache- absolutely amazing
- Mario Cippolini back in the racing scene

Just really really really looking forward to having it get nice outside. I can't wait to breathe fresh air again.

No comments: