Pages

18 March 2008



Dental boards, part bagagillion, day too many...

So, after a horrific weekend and not being able to even start my patient boards due to an examiner's call on a small unknown idiosyncracy of the patient selection criteria for the patient based board exam, I am being sentanced to retaking that portion of the exam at the U of Minnesota at the end of April. Needless to say, with this judgement call, the logistics behind completing this exam is going to consume my life for the next month and a half. Just with the dates of that weekend itself I need to miss out on my roommate's wedding and the North Platte tri (that I have been looking forward to for quite some time). Quite disappointing. I am trying very hard to accept my fate and not let the decision of that (insert long string of foul insults here) examiner consume me, but needless to say I have quite a bit of hatred and animosity built up in me right now. I don't like having this negative energy in me. It is not what I want or who I want to be, but I know it is there for a reason right now. On the other hand, I have been quite flattered by the support and friendship that I have gotten over the past few days. It is genuinely appreciated, and it is so nice to know that people care when life gets pretty crappy.

I guess one good thing from this is that every workout since this has happened has turned into LT work, whether it be planned or unplanned. :)

Well, things will get done. Like tomorrow- one more for the list. I am yet again, heading to the Prometric center to take another exam. Should be fun. In the spirits of yet another dental board exam, here is a picture of some oral pathology. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the only pictures that I have of oral pathology in my photo library is that of my dog, Rugbie. What would be at the top of YOUR differential diagnosis?

1 comment:

bryan said...

when I first saw that picture, I thought, "Wow, that guy must have come into the free clinic or something."

Yeah, it's a dog. I know ... now.

Hang in there.