Pages

26 January 2008



The Hincapie salad...

So, you know those moments when you are watching TV, and some food dish is on, and you just say, " I could really go for one of those RIGHT NOW!."

Well, there was one of those moments earlier this week. I was riding over at Matt's on Thursday, for a 3 hr trainer ride, and for part of the ride we watched 'Profiles of an Athlete' on TV about George Hincapie. Pretty good show. In a scene, his wife was making him a salad. A beautiful bed of romaine, tomatoes, strawberries, and corn. It looked awesome. At first, I thought that it was my riding the trainer that made it look so good, as does most food when you are riding a bike, but the bounty of this salad stuck in my mind so much, that I made it the next day. So, here is the exact creation pictured above.

Variations made:
- this salad was NOT made by a French supermodel/ podium girl/ arm candy/ personal chef. It was made by, er, me.
- I added some shirmp sauteed in tarragon seasoning to add some protein.
- I didn't have any strawberries, but later added some dried cranberries for some zing.

My review is two HUGE thumbs up. I guess Mrs. Hincapie has proven that there is way more to life that being really, really, really, ridiculously good looking- it also involves making awesome salads!

No comments: