Pages

17 November 2007


Training update- Base II- Week I-

Adding in Tempo work and M pace this week. Although dreading starting the 'workouts that hurt' I was eager to see where I am in reference to last season. In other words, how much have I lost over 'hibernation'? If you are wondering why I am adding Tempo work in November, it is because I am racing a half iron in March. I have been getting that question a lot.

I took my pace/ wattage goals at the conservative end of where I was last season, and dove in. Running went well, met all workout goals on my runs this week. Tempo run on Wed, 50m, 5x4mT. Kept up last year's pace well. yay! Tempo ride on Thurs-3 hrs c/ 4x15m T , started outside for the first hour, then daylight restricted me to the trainer. Wattage goals were a bit lower than last year, but i have not used my SRM on the trainer since I got it right when the weather was getting nice outisde last year. However, I am thinking that the trainer should not make the difference of 15-20watts that I was seeing. That whole workout hurt- a lot. I hate to admit this, but I even inadvertently emitted a whimper. I couldn't believe it. It almost caught me off guard that I actually did that, then I told myself to harden the f**k up and finish the workout. I did.

Long run last night 90m, 5x10mM. Went great.

Woke up this morning and was vomiting from 6am to 2pm. (fyi: No, I did not go out drinking last night) Needless to say, no ride. Now feeling a bit better. Bummed, but what can one do?

No comments: