Pages

22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

After traveling and interviewing for the past few days, and thinking I was going to die in the first snowstorm of the season last night while driving, I am glad to be home.

It was great to spend some time in Mad-town with friends, interview, and get a nice long run in with Michelle's dog Brie around lake Monona. I forgot how much fun it is to run with a dog, and it surely made me push the pace to try to get her to 'run' versus a 'fast trot' along side me. I am pretty sure she slept the rest of the day after we ran. good.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. When else can you have a great meal with the people you love with no other obilgations? The day has been great- a 2 hr ride today helped work up the appetite for turkey and all the fixin's. A fun day with the niece and nephew decorating gingerbread houses (they caught on to just eating the frosting pretty quickly) , baking homemade bread (they are awesome at kneading and rolling dough!), and putting up Christmas lights outside. Fun times by all.

Very thankful for everyone and everything in my life...

No comments: