Pages

05 January 2009

To another year!!!

Another awesome birthday... nothing too eventful, but had enough fun and laziness to be complete...

Here is how I spent my birthday...

Sat on the couch and drank coffee. I am currently 'dog sitting' for my parents, so I have some good, cozy, company (a 13 year old Maltese who is now embracing his life as a little old man- aka- he loves to sleep)


I purchased a little birthday present for myself. A little odd, but I have a secret love for salted, cured meats. For real. (on the same note, I am a snob about it- I hate 'cold cuts' or 'deli meats' (eww), but give me a good italian style thin slice and I love it!) So, not even remembering when I last enjoyed some of these Italian delights, I got some good prosciutto and genoa salami, and will enjoy them in some of the coming days!


Went for a nice run...I was going to go trail running in a state park, but it started freezing rain on my way out of town- decided to go do the next best thing in the neighborhood- running and out and back by lake Wingra and the through the arboretum. That route is so pretty and doesn't get old- the scenery changes every day. It was still really icy here, but manageable with the Yaks.

Rocked to some good tunes on my run--I am in love with Girl Talk (aka Gregg Gillis). Although I do not like to admit it (similar to the salted, cured meat thing...), I love pop rock, and I also love mixed music (ok, I really love mixed music). This guy is awesome- it is like an entire iPod worth of songs mixed together, but somehow he makes is sound good! I guess you have to respect anyone who can put on a concert with only a laptop and a microphone.

Got some good food with some good people at Fresco, on the rooftop of the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art. A wonderful, relaxing dinner. Chocolate filled beignets were enjoyed for my 'birthday cake' mmmmmm!!

Finally ended the evening with some drinks at 'The Nitty Gritty.' Home of the bottomless birthday mug'o'beer- I am not kidding. (Not to mention the free balloon!)

1 comment:

bryan said...

smoked meats + beer = awesome.