Pages

28 December 2008

First of all- Merry Christmas!

Right now, I am finally very, very excited for Oceanside Half Ironman in April. I am so happy that I signed up for this early race, as there would be no way that I would have the same motivation that I have now without this looming on the horizon. I keep thinking of how fun it will be to have a little get away just when the winter will be driving me crazy!

I am in the process of figuring out my races for next season, and getting some goals lined up and methodology on how to attain these things, which makes me excited. The whole process of learning from past seasons, making changes, and seeing where they go. For some reason, I love this part of training- the planning, the methodology, the experimentation.

One gripe session:
So today, I go to finish up my long training day (about 5 hrs of exercise) with a good swim. I am warmed up, plugging away on the main set and feeling really good. All of a sudden I get kicked out of the pool!! WTF. I am informed that the pool shuts down early today! I never thought I would say this, but there is one thing that I miss about Omaha- that 24 hour fitness! That place was like an industrial workout factory, complete stainless steel everything, mirrors everywhere, protein 'mass gainer' powder store, and a pool that was rarely used due to the, er, 'clientele' that frequented the place (more of the sauna/steam room type if you know what I mean). Although it was only two lanes, had some issues with chemical regulation (think on/off cloudy water and itchy skin), and overlooked the McDonalds on 81st and Dodge-- this pool was always open! None of this 'club hours' crap. And yes, there were times that I went to swim very late at night- it was great!

No comments: