Pages

20 December 2007


Home again...

Back in good 'ol 'sconny for a few days. Interviewing for jobs in Madison, training, seeing friends, and finishing up my Christmas shopping are about the only things that I need to worry about. Life is good.

I am all done with my Christmas shopping except for finding my brother's christmas gift. A long time ago, we started finding gifts for each other that were borderline mean, but still useable. Think disgusting foodstuffs that you need to eat out of courtesy, a coffee mug that has cheap refills at a gas station, but I don't live anywhere near those gas stations to get any benefit out of the mug, etc. I think it may have started when he 'gave' me a toy one year, and then proceeded to run away with it and play with it himself. (if you are interested, it was the 'Real Power Tool Shop'- one of those 9v battery operated saws that one can cut all kinds of shapes in balsa wood- it was actually pretty sweet- I believe it was circa early 90s), I'd like to say that he was the one that chose this path of doom for our Christmas gifts to each other.

So anyways, I am trying to top the bright red 'Hawaiian Punch' flavored bundt cake that I got him last year. After checking the junk areas at the truck stops that I stopped at during my travels resulted in nothing. I naturally travel to a local gas station to find the finest in foods that will remain completely fresh until Christmas (2008). Nothing of worthiness. Not even a pickled polish sausage to be seen. I was thinking Chuck E. Cheese tokens, so that he NEEDS to take his kids there and watch robots play styrofoam guitars, but that might be too mean. The search continues...

No comments: