Pages

24 December 2006

Ahh, Christmas eve. More fun time with family and eating lots of good food. My belly is still full of the indulgences of red wine, prime rib, potatoes and birthday cranberry cake. Life is good.

My legs have been killing me this past week, but all of my workouts have gone really well. A two hour tempo ride (50 min T pace) followed by a runoff that went surprisingly well. My legs were moving and I was able to keep my cadence up (which is good for me- as everyone knows, I have a funny little style of running that is more like waddling). Lifting has been going well as is swimming. An hour run went really well after a hard swim. Yesterday was lifting followed by 2.5 hour trainer ride at night. It hurt, but I was able to ride right at the effort I wanted to (maybe it was watching the worlds strongest man competition on TV) maintain for 2.5 hours.

So, I got thinking about why these workouts are going so well. Yes, my legs and arms have been trashed all week, and usually that is a recipe for a crappy workout. I eat crappier than I normally do while I am at my Parents'. I was thinking about how I have been getting SLEEP. I have the training figured out, I do the training. Looking at what I have done the past year, I am very pleased with my consistency (intensity is another discussion). I am pretty happy with my nutrition, I feel as though I eat well and the correct amount 90% of the time, and that is going to be as good as it gets, and as I want it to get because I love food too much. The third piece of the puzzle, sleep, which gets neglected. I'm thinking it will need to be addressed- starting now. Good night. :)

No comments: