Pages

22 December 2008

I have wondered this question for my entire educational career...

Do doctors have snow days???? I thought no, but the answer is...YES!

So on friday, Madison got dumped with a foot of snow wind, whatnot. The office was shut down that day due to the weather- I think it was a good idea.


So, what do you do?????

This is why it is so awesome to have a training partner living three blocks away- well within 'trudge through knee deep snow' distance- you get to wake up and instead of go to work, you get to hop on the trainer and pound out some 30/30s while the snow is still pouring and the wind is howling and the sun is coming up!


So, after IMFL I really tried to let myself atrophy a bit. Eat some garbage food I enjoy but don't normally indulge in, drink more booze, reconcile myslef with the mysterious black box in my living room that will play movies and tv shows, get some things done that have been put off WAY too long, and schedule myself around not training. I wanted to loose some fitness, get a new perspective, let the burnout fizzle away, and realize why I love to live the life that I normally live.

So, I worked out when I wanted to and did what I wanted to. Nothing too crazy, nothing regular, and nothing with purpose. I was purposefully off the wagon up until very recently. I have been on the wagon again for the past couple weeks, letting myself get back in the swing of things and realize what intensity is a few sessions before I do a baseline fitness test.

So, what is happening... I am swimming faster than I did pre IMFL. I am hitting my bike intervals about 10-15 w higher than I was last season at this time and still higher than pre- IMFL, and running, well that is keeping things with no pain at this point.

I do not understand this. I wanted to digress. I tried to digress. I make progress. Now, I'm not complaining here, but this goes against a lot of research that people spend a lot of time and effort in to make people like myself believe in it. If I don't know how to digress, then how do I make progress??

No comments: