Pages

25 April 2008

Twas the night before boards...

Sitting here in good 'ol MPLS. It is home to overcast skies, rain, possibilities for snow, wind, and fortysomething temperatures. I have the feeling like my execution is tomorrow and I am waiting for the governor to call to pardon me to get out of it. I'm not being too hopeful. :)

I guess the best similar situation I have to this in my life is the night before an Ironman. Here I am, sitting in a hotel, in a faraway place, with a lot of crap with me (instead of bikes, wetsuits, nutrition, etc, it is now $$$$$ worth of dental equipment). Friends are here to cheer me on. I have spent years to get to this place. The funniest part, is that boards makes an Ironman look cheap! :) However, when I think of what is to come tomorrow, it is not fun in the sun and pushing myself to the limits of what I thought is physiologically and mentally possible, it is just drilling out a few cavities. Not quite as alluring, but necessary nonetheless. Oh well.

Kelsey interviewed at a practice in town while I took a tour of the UofM dental school today before orientation. It was sort of fun to look at a different dental school and how their lives here in MN are different from ours in NE. Pretty much variations on a theme and crazy to think that I almost went here for dental school. All I can say, is I am glad that there is not a Noodles and Co accross the street from Creighton dental, or else I would have turned into one giant bowl of Pad Thai over the course of four years in school.

Took the afternoon to get a burger and beer at Sally's, a venue which has 'the best burger in town.' A pretty darn good piece o' beef. I had their signature burger with mozzarella and balsamic mushrooms. An interesting take on a classic, yet very tasty. Afterwards, neuroticly got my paperwork ready for tomorrow, and headed to Mall of America for a bit- it was great to get my mind off of things. It worked.

Now, it is go time. Ready to get this behind me.

1 comment:

Matt N said...

When are you moving up here?